TWINKLE TWINKLE



If I could give you the stars, I'd gather them inside my heart,
I'd wrap them in love and brighten your day with starlight ..



Friday, 6 June 2008

School photo 2008!!



Here are my little stars in their school photo for 2008!! They had their first one together last year, and it is weird putting the two photos together and seeing how much they have changed ~ Lauren looks a bit different, but Daniel has really grown in the last year and is becoming quite the little man (ha ha!!). School photos usually bring out the worst in my children and they end up pulling funny faces. Luckily it came out ok this year!! Daniel wanted his hair spiked up, so he spent all morning infront of the mirror with the hair gel. Lauren insisted on wearing that hair band, hence the reason her hair is sticking up a bit!! (Never mind, at least they were smiling!!!). When they had it taken, they came home and told me that they had done BIG smiles, as the photographer had told them to say 'Curly Wurly'!!!

The sleeping on the floor adventure came to a bit of an abrupt end last night when Laurens ready bed decided to deflate in the middle of the night (she has had it quite a while!!! ~it has seen her through lots of sleepovers too!). She came wandering through to my room at about midnight (and scared the life out of me!) ~ moaning that the bed had gone and she was sleeping on the real floor (bless her), she spent the rest of the night in bed with me, and I went out this morning and bought a replacement ready bed ~ so far so good ~ I will check her again before I go to bed and make sure this one hasn't gone down.

Daniels bed should be here tomorrow and my friends husband is coming round to put it together, so hopefully he will be sleeping in that from tomorrow night!! I also bought the curtains today ~ they are not very exciting ~ I decided on a cornflower blue colour ~ as that is one of the colours in the roller blind ~ and the walls are quite bright, so I decided against any bright curtains (they would never get to sleep in there ~ ha !!).
I should have some photos tomorrow ~ if I remember to charge the camera!!

15 comments:

Amanda said...

Thats a lovely school photo, my kids usually never pose for school photos either.
Now go and plug the camera in to charge so i can see the photos of the finished bedroom!
Hope the kids sleep well tonight:D
Love Amanda xx

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! I need to remember to do "school" pictures of my two.

Their smiles are just precious.

dani said...

that picture is priceless, tabitha!!! really, it is so good:D they are adorable.
it's funny, but i can really see that daniel has matured just in the time we've been blogging. (it must be his age/growth spurt).
is the gingham top lauren's wearing part of a uniform??? it is so cute; and i love her matching head-band, too. those were the type katherine started wearing when she gave up her bows.
good luck on the bed situation!!!
love you,
dani

Tabitha said...

Hi Amanda ~ believe me, I was suprised at how well it came out ~ we have had alot of disasters with eyes closed etc ~ so I was pleased!!
I am not sure that the bedroom will be finished tomorrow ~ Laurens bed isn't coming yet and there is a wardrobe that needs taking apart (It is going to the tip!!!), but I have plugged in the camera battery to charge (thanks for reminding me ~ I forgot), and I will take piccies of the half done room tomorrow!!!
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XX

Tabitha said...

Hi Kim,
Glad you liked the photos ~ thanks for popping over to visit. I would love to see your kids school photos!! Hope you are starting to get settled in your new place!!

love and hugs ~ Tabitha XX

Tabitha said...

Hi Dani,
I am getting a frame for the picture tomorrow and then it will be on the wall ~ I wish I had posted both photos on my blog (2007 and 2008), and then you would have seen the difference (I may still do it!!).
Daniel has really started to change alot, it is scarey that he is 10 years old, I sometimes look at him and he looks all grown up!!
They are both wearing their school uniform in the photo ~ the gingham dress is laurens summer uniform ~ in winter she wears navy trousers/skirt, a white shirt and navy jumper with school logo. Dan wears navy or grey trousers and a white shirt and jumper (the boys are allowed to wear shorts in the summer ~ but Dan doesn't want to!!!). It is quite a nice uniform really.
So far tonight Laurens bed hasn't deflated ~ I will keep my fingers crossed I get the bed to myself tonight ha ha!!
XX

Kellan said...

Adorable picture of your sweet kids!!

Kind of funny story about the bed - tee hee!

Hope you have a great weekend - I will see you later - Kellan

Elise said...

Hi Tabitha

That is a beautiful school photo of Daniel and Lauren. They look so happy, that's certainly a shot to have framed and put out on display.

The photo reminded me of all the school photos that my mum has kept of Renae and I during our twelve years of schooling. Yep, she bought every single one - the good, the bad and the ugly!!! They really are precious as it is amazing to see how much we changed in just one year.

The bedrooms sound like they're coming together so well. You have put so much time and effort into making these special places for Daniel and Lauren and they are so very blessed to have you as their wonderful mum.

Love and hugs
Elise

Tanya said...

Tabitha your kids are gorgeous!! this is such a great photo of them! Good luck with Lauren's bed!!! can't wait to see the finished room!

take care..

love,
Tanya xx

dani said...

hey, tabitha... due to time zone problems, i glitched!!! it is tanya's birthday 6-6 usa:D a day late down-under.
i'm having her a surprise party at my place as i type... if you'd like to visit:) when you get up, after you get to sleep past 8... tee-hee!!!
love you,
dani

Anonymous said...

Thats a really lovely photo of them Tabitha! It's good to see how they are seated on an angle and 'together'.

I got back my kids photos last week and was so disapointed in the family one. They both looked lovely in it, but they are just side by side - and it almost looks like a separate photo of them both that had just been stitched together.

I want one like yours!!!!!!!! :)

Tabitha said...

Hi Kellan,
I love the photo too ~ for once they both smiled and looked ok!!

The new bed is holding and I have had no late night visits from Lauren, she has slept all through ~ so it must be comfy!!!
Hope your weekend is going well
love and Hugs ~ Tabitha

Tabitha said...

Dear Elise,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment ~ it was so nice of you to say that!!

I have also bought all their school photos ~ this being one of the better ones!! I think that even the bad ones will make me smile in years to come and it is just nice having them.

The children have waited a while to move into the bigger bedroom ~ it made more sense for me to move to the smaller one and the bigger one has an en suite toilet, shower and sink ~ so they have all the luxuries now ha ha!!
It is still not quite sorted, but I can see the end now ~ thank goodness!!
Hope you are all well,
love and hugs Tabitha XX

Tabitha said...

Hi Tanya,
Thank you!!
The photo is framed now and will be on the wall tomorrow ~ next to the one from last year!!
love and hugs Tabitha XX

Tabitha said...

Hi Juz,
I was pleased with the photo ~ I know what you mean about the seperate bit ~ we have had aome taken in the past that were just like that and looked like 2 photos stuck together~ these school photographers obviously know what they are about ~ they seem to get it right every time!!
Hope you are well.
love and hugs Tabitha XXX