The finished cards ~ at least some glitter actually stayed stuck on.........
Yes ~ this is my usual look for a Friday ~ slightly stressed, tired and in need of a family sized bar of chocolate.......(which I would kill for at the moment....willpower where have you gone? Do not leave me now!!! LOL!!) I made fathers day cards with the children that I look after today ~ something that I do every year ~ usually with great success and the end results are usually really great!!......until today that is.......
Everything was going fine ~ I gave the little girl I care for the card and some crayons and she started to colour away happily ~ the little boy I care for was in the highchair ~ again with the card and crayons colouring away .....we stuck stickers on the cards and I helped them write a sweet message inside ~ they continued with their colouring .......then came the glue and glitter part.....well ~ let the disaster begin!!
Things started quite promisingly ~ I put the glue on the front of the cards ~ spelling out "Happy Fathers Day" ~ again because they are both quite young ~ and we got the glitter out. As I turned away ~ the younger of the two (the boy), had taken it upon himself to lick the glue off the front of the card (I wouldn't have minded ~ but he had just had his lunch ha ha!!), NO PANIC ~ it is non toxic childrens glue which I have bought many times before ~ and know is safe ~ I gave him some juice and cleaned his face and proceeded to re~glue the card and put it out of his reach!!
They both excitedly watched as I got the glitter tubs out and took off the lids ~ then with help they sprinkled glitter over the glue ~ so that the card was completely covered ~ there was quite a bit of glitter on them there cards!! WELL ~ at this exact ~ critical moment in the process ~ the little boy sneezed ~ a huge great big sneeze ~ which was aimed straight at the glitter ~
The whole place was covered ~ it was like being in a snow globe that someone had shaken LOL!!
He was very pleased with himself and was saying "OH pretty ~ pretty!" ~ I couldn't help but laugh!! My living room table was covered and there are still bits of glitter lurking around ~ even though I have cleaned and hoovered (I just got changed to go in the shower and there was even glitter down my top LOL!!)......The joys of childminding !!
The cards did look nice in the end and the chidren took them home tonight for their dads (both very proud of their achievements!!)......hopefully the cards will still be in one piece come Sunday!
Friday, 13 June 2008
Glitter ~ Glitter ~ Everywhere!!!
Posted by Tabitha at 21:15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
oh, tabitha...
i'm still laughing!!! a snow globe??? awe, i bit it WAS "so PRETTY". your living room will probably be sparkly like a holiday for weeks to come... glitter is so hard to totally clean up especially out of carpet:/
on the bright side, the little boy's lunch should most definitely stick to his ribs:D tee-hee...
love,
dani
ps... cute pic:)
Hi Dani ~ I can still see it glittering on the table and the carpet ~ never mind ~ it is quite pretty actually!! This livingroom has seen a few disasters over the years, but the snow globe effect is the best yet LOL!!
The little boy is just the cutest ~ he has recently learnt to say 'love you' and spends all day saying 'love you taba' and kissing me ~ talk about melt your heart!!
Hope the photo didn't scare you too much ~ I really should have done my hair and put on some make ~up BUT that is my weekday look I am afraid (it is quite awful really ha ha!! ~ I should have posted a warning with it tee hee!!!)
Hope you are having a relaxing evening ~ no more trips to the supermarket at 11pm ~ OH NO ~ I forgot ~ you are grounded ha ha!!!
Take care my friend ~
Love and glittery hugs ~
Tab XXXX
Now thats the kind of thing Callum would do! Are you sure it wasn't him you were looking after?
Thats the first 'proper picture' i have seen of you, and you look like the kids, especially Daniel.
Now it's time to put the Dyson to the test~have fun!
Love Amanda xx
Hi Amanda ~ must be a boy thing ~ he is always the one that causes havoc, although he is the sweetest little lad ever!!!
Daniel does look like me (poor kid), he has my hair colour, but his Dads blue eyes.....Lauren doesn't look like me at all really, she has her dads hair, eyes etc ~ BUT my Mum tells me she is just like me when I was that age ~ A RIGHT LITTLE MADAM LOL!!!
The Dyson is very colourful at the moment, with all that glitter swirling about in it ha ha!!
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XXX
Sounds like a great time was had by everyone!! Love the reference to the snow globe.. too funny! Tabitha the cards look absolutely beautiful... their dads are going to love them!! What a great thing for you to do!! love the photos!!!
Have a great weekend, hopefully glitter free lol.
love & hugs,
Tanya xx
ROFLMAO! Oh you will be finding glitter from now until xmas!! That is priceless!!!
LOL about eating the glue too! What a boy!!!!! *groan* at Dani's comment about it sticking to his ribs! lol
Very funny!!!!!
Oh Tabitha
I can visualise the sneeze and the glitter going everywhere. I love how you described it, it would have been exactly like in a snow globe except it was raining glitter all over your living room. At least it will look "pretty".
I think it is so good of you to sit down with the children and help them make cards for their dad's. They sure do look amazing and their dad's are going to be very lucky to get such beautiful and special cards - glitter and all.
Love
Elise
Post a Comment