TWINKLE TWINKLE



If I could give you the stars, I'd gather them inside my heart,
I'd wrap them in love and brighten your day with starlight ..



Tuesday, 31 March 2009

My little actor!

I am a bit late posting this today ~ I had good intentions to do this a little earlier ~ but life just got in the way!

Tonight we travelled to the Theatre Royal in Winchester ~ to watch Daniel in a performance of Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat ~ which was put on by the Key Stage 2 children in his school. The children have been rehearsing since the start of the year and have been staying after school twice a week to practice ~ so they have really put their hearts into it.

Daniel had the part of an older child ~ which basically meant that he had a part narrating and was on stage quite alot of the time. He was so sweet and did a great job ~ it brought tears to my eyes ~ I was so proud of my little lad. Lauren had already seen a performance of it in school, but she was so excited about going to a theatre and seeing it done on stage ~ we had a really nice night.

We are getting everything ready for easter ~ we have an easter egg hunt planned in my friends garden and some easter crafts ~ there are busy days ahead of us.

Tomorrow is April 1st ~ April fools day (tee hee!!) ~ so I am trying to think of a little trick to play on the children.........(nothing mean of course) ~ when I was younger I played an April fool on my sister and told her that the wash powder was sherbert.......she ate it!!?? and was quite sick (when she had stopped foaming at the mouth!) ~ obviously I got told off and sent to my room (in my defence I was only about 8 at the time) ~ I didn't bother trying any more tricks after that .......well, that is if you don't count the time me and my sister put a fake dog poo on the hall carpet and sat back and watched my Mum go balistic (bahhahaha ~ we didn't even have a dog!!) ......

Finally ~ as well as it being April fools day tomorrow ~ it also means that there are only 5 more days until this comes out on DVD.....


Oh Edward.........only 5 more days ~ I cannot wait (tee hee!!).XXXX

10 comments:

dani said...

YAY, daniel!!! i know you were so proud, tabitha:) i saw that musical years ago and loved it.
~~~~
i bet your mum loved to see april fool's day roll around every year, ha!!! can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve for your stars tomorrow:P
love,
dani
ps edward's already out here... another reason you should move across the pond:D

misguided mommy said...

do you have a spray nozzle on your sink? rubber band it down then tell your son to go wash something so it shoots him when he turns it on.

or ummm throw cold water on him in the shower.

or maybe ummmmm wake him up like 4 hours early for school make him get all ready and then say oops the clock was wrong

juz said...

Ive preordered Twilight as a download for my ipod! YIPPEEE!!

BTW - Ceilidh would like to make Lauren jealous.... On Friday night she is having a HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DISCO ICE SKATING PARTY!!!!!!

Heehee!!
Love
Jus

Amanda said...

Well Done Daniel!

Being April Fools Day ~ i am just glad that I'm not working today!
That's a great joke you played on your sister, i'm surprised that she fell for it!

I know, i cannot wait till Twilight comes out on DVD too ~ but after reading all the books, i have to admit that i was a fan of the werewolves!

Anyway, do your schools stop on Friday for the Easter Holidays? Are all your easter preparations for the children you look after?
We have nothing special planned at the moment.

Love,
Amanda x

Donna said...

I had to buy Twlight this past weekend for my granddaughter, Sami...She loved it. It's out already in the USA...Happy day sweetie!!hughugs

Little Sweethearts said...

It appears that both your children do very well underneath a spotlight!

I love your pink cardigan, in summer one just needs a bit more colour!

Love,
Tania

Christy said...

I completely forgot that it was April Fools day. I have to think of a mean trick to play on my husband:)

3 Peas in a Pod said...

The Theater Royal sounds so cool. Sounds like the kids put quite a lot of effort into that perfomance. They practiced for a long time!! I'm sure your heart was swelling with pride.

My sister used to short sheet my bed and put soap on my toothbrush on April Fool's Day when we were growing up. And I fell for it every.single.time. All Kyle could talk about yesterday was pulling an April Fool's prank but now that it's here he hasn't really cared much. Silly boy. :-)

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Clare said...

oh that is so awesome about the play! congrats!!! you are going to love the twilight movie!

SuzanSayz said...

How fun for Daniel to be on stage and just as much fun for you and Lauren to be in the audience.
And the fake doggy poo on the carpet? Classic!!!