I popped round to one of my friends houses this morning, for a quick cuppa and a chat ~ while the children ran about in the garden. We got chatting about embarassing situations and we started laughing about the time that she was at my house and spilt tea down her trousers, so she took them off and was sat on the sofa in just her t ~ shirt. A little while later the doorbell rang and it was the builder (the property I live in is only a few years old and was being checked over at about that time!!), totally forgetting that she had no trousers on, I invited him in and he came into the living room, checked the double glazed window ~ that needed checking, turned around and said hello to Lesley (not even blinking an eye at the fact she was sat there in NO trousers) ~ turned and walked out. Leseley and I couldn't stop laughing ~ she was slightly embarassed that he had come in while she was trouserless ~ but we both thought that it was hilarious that he appeared to not even notice (or maybe he did and just pretended not to ha ha!!!).
This got me thinking about embarassing moments that have happened in my life ~ and believe me, there have been a few !!! One that particularly sticks in my mind is from when I was about 13 years old and living in Germany. I had gone shopping with my Mum and my Sister for school trousers, it was winter and very very cold ~ I had wooly tights on under my skirt ~ which always caused a problem....... I hate wearing tights, always have and always will (Lauren is exactly the same tee hee!!), the problem being that they would always fall down and feel uncomfortable ~ so my Mum suggested that I wore pants (knickers ~ underwear ~!!!!!) ~ under and over the top of my tights, so they would stay up (ha ha ~ yes ~ we are a very strange family!!!!!). Suprisingly this seemed to solve the problem!! Anyway ~ there I was trying on all these different pairs of trousers in the vain hope that one pair would look decent for school ~ and eventually I found a pair I liked. While I put my skirt back on in the changing room, my Mum took the unwanted trousers back to hang them on the rail. We all proceeded to the checkout ~ when my sister started to laugh (she is terrible ~ once she starts, she cannot stop!!!), my mum and I both looked at her and asked what she found so funny ~ THEN ~ in a big loud voice ~ she said "Look ~ there are Tabs Knickers....." and pointed to the floor by the trouser rail!!!
YES ~ she was quite right ~ there were my pants ~ on the floor for the whole shop to see........
(may I just point out here ~ that thankfully they were the clean pair that were put on over my tights!!!!!!!!). They had obviously got taken off with the trousers by mistake and had fallen out when my Mum put the trousers back on the hanging rail!!! I was only 13 and was totally mortified about it ~ my sister thought it was the most hilarious thing ever and my mum told me to go and pick them up (not bloody likely!!!). I just walked over and pushed them with my foot~ further under the hanging trousers, so that they were out of sight, before making a very hasty exit from the shop!!
My sister still reminds me of the incident to this day ~ I still hate tights to this day (infact I DO NOT wear them ~ no matter what ~ stockings are a much safer option!!! ha ha!!!)... the feeling of that day will stay with me forever (hee hee!!!)........
There have been many other moments in life ~ where I have wished that the ground would open and swallow me up ~ but I will save those for another day ~ I need some dignity (ha ha ha ha !!!).
How about you? Care to share one of your MOST embarassing moments!!!!???? Please do ~ it will make me feel alot better (tee hee!!!!!) XXXX
Saturday, 5 July 2008
Most embarassing moment???
Posted by Tabitha at 18:53
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






12 comments:
Oh Tabitha both those stories are so funny!!! Especially the one featuring you and your knickers (or should I say "you and NOT your knickers!) hahaha!!!
As for embarrassing moments, yes, we've all had them. Plenty over the years I'm sure but at the moment one particular one comes to mind.
In front of our house there is a little parking spot. We have to park diagonally cuz otherwise we block the pavement. Some years ago (we had a different car at that time), I came home after it had been raining. I wanted to avoid the puddle that had formed on our parking space so I took a wide turn... a little too wide apparently cuz I hit my neighbours hedge (he has a small garden instead of a parking space). That's not too bad you would think and no, of course hitting the hedge was not serious. The only bad thing was that beneath that hedge, overgrown by the leaves, there was a concrete post and my car was stuck! Even though I only hit it at snail speed, it still made a hell of a noise: so bad that my neighbour(s) came out. I had to ask K. to "free" our car.
Guess I don't have the reputation of being the best driver in my street! And all because I wanted to avoid a puddle...
Love and hugs (and red cheeks),
Tania
Oh Tania ~ that is so funny ~ I have had car moments too ~ the funniest being when I hit the winter salt bin in the back yard of the police station and knocked off the front number plate ~ it wouldn't have been that bad, but there was a huge parade going on ~ so the whole police station saw (and heard!!) it tee hee!!!
AND I was a trained Police Driver (ha ha ha ha!!!).
Never mind ~ apparently moments like these are character building!!
love and hugs to you Tabitha XXXX
hey, tabitha:)
i was pretty emarrassed when the funeral procession went up the lane a few weeks ago... i will have to think about the MOST embarrassing moment.
lol, i'm sure you won't be surprised that i have a few from which to choose:b
love,
dani
Most recent embarrasing moment tabitha was at my work. I was checking a patient out to theatre. After asking all the usual questions ie:- When did you last have anything to eat or drink? Are you allergic to anything... blah blah blah...
At this point the patient (who suffering from the early onset of Dementia ( thank goodness ) because at this point the old lady asks 'Why am i going to theatre?'
I say ' to get your broken hip fixed so you can get back on your feet again'. No sooner had i said this i then realised she only had the one leg!!! I felt like a right idiot! My face was bright red and i just wanted the ground to swallow me up :-D
BTW, my Mum used to make me wear big Granny pants over my tights too! I forgot all about that!
Funny embarassing moments Tabitha :)
Tee hee Dani ~ the hearse in the lane incident had slipped my mind ~ but yes ~ I can see that being up there in the top 3 most embarassing moments EVER!!! Unfortunately for Maggie, when you gotta go ~ you gotta go!!!
love and hugs Tabitha XXXX
Oh Amanda ~ that has to be one of the best I have heard so far ha ha!!
Never mind ~ you weren't to know!!
What is it with Mothers and making us wear knickers over our tights ~ that is just cruel (tee hee!!!).
Hope you are having a good evening and are all unpacked etc.
love and hugs Tabitha XXX
Tabitha loved your stories very funny!! I can just imagine how you would have felt @ 13 seeing your knickers on the floor of the shop & your sister pointing out that fact ever so nicely! I will have to put my thinking cap on for me... but i do remember one night we were going through the drive through at KFC, after Roy had placed our order he started singing to a song on the radio very loudly, anyway when we get to the window for our order the girls were trying so hard to keep it together... Roy's lovely singing was heard by all the staff LOL!!!! needless to say it was a "most embarrassing moment"
Have a lovely night,
love,
Tanya xx
John and I were at our insurance agent's office. Somehow, we started talking about college. I was telling our agent about an intersession class I had taken. Suddenly, John busted out laughing. Apparently, instead of calling it an intersession class, I called it an intercourse class. What the hell is wrong with me?
What funny storie - HA!
Take care - Kellan
Hi Tanya ~ yes ~ 13 is not an age where you want your knickers on show anywhere ~ let alone in a shop!!
I love your embarassing moment ~ is Roy a good singer?
Bet the KFC staff were in stitches!!
love and hugs Tabitha XXX
Oh Christy that is hilarious!!!!
I bet you were embarassed at that tee hee hee!!!
love your embarassing moment ~ that definitly beats mine.
love and hugs to you ~ Tabitha XXX
Hi kellan ~ there are plenty of embarassing moments in my life tee hee ~ glad this one made you smile
love and hugs Tabitha XX
Post a Comment