Those of you that have been reading my blog for a while will know that my sweet little Lauren knocked her front tooth out when she was approx 18 months old. We were living in our old house at the time and she ran down the front path (like she had done millions of times before!), she tripped and hit her mouth on the front step ~ when I picked her up there was blood everywhere and she then proceeded to spit out a tooth!
A slight panic followed with Lauren being taken (with said tooth safely stored in a cup of milk!) ~ to the local A & E department ~ and 4 hours later ~ when she had been examined by the paediatric Doctor and a facial expert had also had a look ~ it was decided that as it was a milk tooth ~ it was better to leave it as it would be more of a problem for Lauren to have it put back in!
What followed were various visits to the hospital ~ as they were worried that she had damaged the gum tissue and may need some kind of surgery ~ thankfully this was later decided to be unnecessary. We also had lots of visits to the dentist ~ who decided that there was indeed another tooth there ~ but he was unable to tell us if it would ever come through ~ and indeed if it did ~ he was unsure whether it would be discoloured or weak or damaged!
We have since played a waiting game ~ with Lauren losing various milk teeth and getting new ones ~ when she lost the other front tooth and a new one grew in, we all held our breath, waiting to see if this kick started the missing tooths growth ~ but it didn't. I cannot deny that I had almost given up hope (and accepted the fact that my girl would have to go through dental surgery!) ~ WHEN.......all of a sudden ~ look what appeared!
Lauren had been complaining that her mouth was hurting ~ where the missing tooth was ~ this has not been unusual over the last few years ~ but nothing has ever happened. Anyway ~ this time I had a closer look and could see tiny white jagged edges poking through. I actually did a dance of joy ha ha !! The tooth is here at last!
It is taking a while to come through ~ but it looks fine ~ not discoloured or damaged ~ just a perfect little tooth! It is quite strange to see Lauren with no gap and I cannot wait until it is all the way through ~as I am sure she will look different. She has already said that it is strange not being able to put her tongue in the gap ~ but I am sure she will get used to it!






9 comments:
What wonderful news and a relief!
Happy Tooth Appearence Day Lauren!!!!! Wonderful!! I'm SO happy for her Tabitha!!hughugs
I'm happy Lauren's tooth decided to show after all. Also glad to read that everything is still going well on the relationship front. :)
Caitlin just lost her second tooth on Friday.
Love,
Tania
Awww...how bittersweet. Your baby is growing up Tabitha. I am so glad she doesn't have to have dental surgery!
Congtrats to Lauren, It is certainly a perfect, cute and just adorable tooth. Now that was worth waiting for.
Love and hugs XXXXOOOO
kIDS EH?
Glad it did come through and surgery was'nt needed
yay for the tooth! Such a wonderful day! The tooth looks great!
Great News!
Ben was the same ~ he knocked his front tooth out when he was 2. He had to have an operation to fully remove it as it snapped off right at the middle. His has also just came in a couple of months ago.
It's funny seeing them with two front teeth!
l,
A x
that IS awesome, tab!!! it looks like it is going to be perfect (thank goodness no surgeries are going to be needed!!!).
princess lauren is such a cutie:D
much love,
dani xxx
Post a Comment